Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pink Wednesday

Hello gentle readers.

Today is Wednesday and, since we wear pink on Wednesday, today I chose to apply Sinful Colors Easy Going. This is a pale, pale pink crelly (creme-jelly). This is two coats, with three on my few badly ridged nails, to get it all uniform.

Pictures were taken out in direct late morning sun. This washed the colour out a lot, so I took one indoors that gives a better representation of the actual shade.



 Taken outdoors in direct sun.


Taken indoors in natural light coming in through my laundry room window. 

The formula on this polish is a tad... Funny. It is thick, but not gloopy. It stays where you place it pretty nicely. I didn't have a huge amount of cleanup, mostly fussbudget refining. I learned pretty quickly that this polish likes to be applied with plenty of polish on the brush. It can be worked, a bit and in fact seems to benefit from that. The first coat is a little streaky, but the polish, if applied thick enough will self level very nicely. A second coat made it all smooth and even. I ended up needing a third coat on a few of my nails that have Super Ridges (insert deep, echoing voice, here) to make it all look uniform and smooth all across.  I topped this manicure with Seche Vite. 

I like this polish. The colour is so soft and ladylike. The formula is decent and it isn't hard to work with. A problem that can tend to plague a lot of pastel cremes. This polish would make a nice background for stamping. Hmmm... Maybe later when I have a little time... :)

Do you own this polish? Think that you might like to? Sinful Colors is on special at Walgreen's right now. $ 0.99 a bottle. A terrific price for a terrific polish. I really like this brand. I own a pile of them and am always happy to acquire more. Overall, they have very nice quality and pretty colours. I have encountered a few dogs, but that is true with any brand. I am hoping that this big sale is a precursor to a release of new colours. Not a bunch of re releases. Tho I would love to see Pink Ocean and Blue Ocean and perhaps Pearl Harbour hit the shelves, again. I missed out on those shades and would really love to obtain them. 

Oh! Before I forget! There are just a few more days to enter my giveaway for a Karmin hair straightening iron worth $129.00. Please click the link provided or click the pic of the hair straightener in my upper right column to travel to my giveaway post by Midnight May First MST and enter. 

Okay, I must toodle along. I would like to see what my fellow polish fanatics are up to and I have laundry to do, today. Blech! Do not want to! Stupid laundry, anyway. *pouts*

Have a lovely Wednesday, whether you go pink or not. Thank you so much for popping in and spending a little time with me and may your polish never bubble.


7 comments:

  1. That color is gorgeous! Definitely lady-like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh - I was hanging up plates just now and hammered my thumb and broke a nail and now I want to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been stocking up on my Sinful Colors with that sale, but I think this is one I don't have in my stash! I like it, I've been craving pales and neutrals lately so I'm super glad you swatched this.
    And I'm lol'ing about the cartoon on your upper left hand corner sidebar! SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kelli Kat. :)

    Oh no, Draz! Owie! Get your nail fixed and be more careful, sweetie!

    I'm glad you like the blinkie, Nichole. I knew it was perfect when I saw it, since I like to blog but not so much to cook. :D

    I am glomming on Sinfuls, too. I need to hot Walgreen's here in town and see what I can get my hot little hands on. They were pretty picked over down in the Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just gave you an award on my blog <3

    Such a lovely pale pink!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D