Monday, April 25, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. Post number three of the day coming at you. lol

This one is actually about polish. OPI Designer Series Extravagance, as a matter of fact. Extravagance is a good name for this polish. It is. Extravagant. Rich purple jelly packed to the rafters with rainbow holo. It isn't a linear holo. Not really. But it is multi faceted, it has depth, depths of depths. In some light, it looks purple with fires deep inside that glow to the surface. In other, the brilliant multi coloured holo take center stage, flashing in red, purple, silver, blue, gold. If the light and movement is just right, there is a subtle linear effect. Sometimes it is rainbow, sometimes it is deep reddish-purple. I think, were my nails longer, the subtle linear effect would show a little better. Topcoat does not dull or inhibit the holo value at all.

I am doing kind of a crap job describing this polish. It has so much going on that is escapes my powers of description. lol I took seventy-five pictures of this manicure. Cropped all of the photographs then had to winnow them down. Several times. I got them down to thirteen so you are about to get the shit photo spammed out of you. lol All pics were taken in afternoon sunlight and are clickable to get the full effect of the gorgeous that is this polish.













As usual, my photos don't capture what this polish can do, in person. I did my best. :)

This polish is typical OPI DS fabulous. The formula is nearly flawless, it almost applied it's self, flowing off that lovely Pro Wide brush like a dream. What cleanup I had was just fussbudget refining. Even tho this polish is jelly, it is intensely pigmented and so packed with shimmer and holo that it is solidly opaque in two coats. If one were a painttacular polisher who can slip on one perfect, thick coat, this might be a one coat wonder for that person. That person is not I. OPI DS Extravagance dries nicely and a little more quickly than other polishes. It dries satin matte, to get the shiny you must apply topcoat. I topped this manicure with Seche Vite.

I keep looking at my nails. I keep moving one or the other into a little bar of sunshine coming in through the slats of my hideously ugly renter's delight vertical blinds. It is probably a good thing I am not driving, right now. I would probably cause a chain reaction pileup admiring my tips. lol

If you like purple. If you like holo. If you like OPI. If you like complex, rich polishes full of depth and character, I can heartily endorse this polish.

Thank you so much for popping in. Again. Heh! Heh! Have yourself a faboo evening and may your polish never bubble. 

26 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous holo! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Miss Blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHH this is so gorgeous!!!! I have this in my stash somewhere...I've never worn it tho O.O I'm definitely going to try it now! BTW you have GREAT nails! I'm super jealous lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty color! It's my backup if I can't find DS Exclusive at a decent price~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh that's so pretty I want it so bad! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spin, what are you waiting for? Drag that beauty out and get to painting! I doubt you will regret it. :) Thank you for your kind words about my nails. You are so sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Freshie. Maybe you should just have both? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Antoszewskia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lady Luck, I can see why. This is a beaut! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Nail Designs. :) I picked mine up from Amazon and the price and shipping were very reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gooorrrgeeooouuus! Added it to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous I really want any from the ds collection but this one is so beautiful and your pics& nails and swatch are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing, I need this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I found your other blog yesterday and went to Sally's to buy seche on your recommendation. Just wanted to let you know that it is on sale for $5.99 and most polishes are buy 2 get 1.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really love it !!
    i need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha I love your description. This polish is very pretty. Prettier than I thought. I actually came across this polish a few weeks back and for some reason I didnt get it.. now I wish i did!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy, thanks for the head's up about Seche! I need to hit Sally's for a new bottle. Good to know it is on sale.

    Thank you all so much for your lovely, kind words about my manicure and my nails. I am all blush-y, here. <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I've just discovered your blog and.. girl, you've got yourself another follower!!!
    I loved that Extravagance on you, such great polish! With all those fabulous pictures, you make want to get one of these too! ;)

    I have to say also that I loved that picture of yours, with the unfed husband! LOL!! You made my evening with that! So true! ;)Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh I love it...I have the lighter purply pink one and this one is great too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D