Friday, April 22, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers.

Today's mani is brought to you by the letters C and G. And the number 3.

I decided that I really needed a happy, sparkly colour on my nails, today, so I chose China Glaze Grape Juice. A pretty purple jelly packed with dancing glass fleck shimmer. Grape juice is part of the China Glaze Summer Days Collection from 2009? I think? :D

I like this polish. This isn't just a simple, one note purple with shimmer. There is an interesting and elusive blue flash and hints of lavender and lilac, too. It isn't a duochrome. But it is more complex than one might think. The formula is really nice. A little thin but not runny or obnoxious. It is easy to apply and control. I didn't have a great deal of cleanup while painting this polish on. What I did do was mostly fussbudget refining. I applied three coats and topped it with Seche Vite.

Photos were taken in direct sun. If you enlarge the photos, you can see hints of the blue I was talking about.





I also did a pedi, today and my toes are sporting OPI Wing It!. What a pretty, pretty duochrome pink. I am planning to wear that for next Wednesday's pink on my fingernails so I will show it, then. I feel funny about photographing my feet and posting the pics, here. I don't know why... Just weird that way. Maybe one day I will get over it. lol

I haven't forgotten about my Little Giveaway. I have kind of shoved it to my back burner for a bit, tho. I was getting ready to make the name strips to draw my winner yesterday when I got a phone call with some news about someone very close to me that gut punched me. Needless to say, after that, I didn't give too much of a damn about drawing a winner at that point and to be perfectly honest, I still don't. I am in a really weird head space, right now. I am half numb, half wanting to scream and rail at the skies. I am afraid and trying to be hopeful. And I am just trying to process this. Some aspects of my life are proceeding as normal and some, not so much. Believe me, this giveaway isn't the only thing that is rather immediate that I have arbitrarily shoved into the background and can't bring myself to deal with at the moment. I promise I will get to it. I just... Need a little time to get my head in a better place. I hope that you understand.

Okay, I am going to run along. Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

8 comments:

  1. I love Grape Juice, one of my favorites. I like to layer it on top of CG Grape Pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Yeah, it's from Summer Days collection, right now I have Orange Marmalade from the same collection on my nails, and I'm telling you, I need the entire thing. Both O.M. and Watermelon Rind are one of my favourites in the stash, and Grape Juice looks just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, I just purchased it this week myself. Love purples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this purple it's so pretty another lemming has been added I know what u mean about showing your feet I think even the most beautiful feet still look weird it's just one of this things I don't think unwound ever have the nerve to show pics of mine lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this on today as well. :) It's finally sunny in Portland...I figured I needed a color to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this color is my favorite
    looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy owning this color too. Its is a nice little surprise when I'm looking for a ramped up purple to wear. :) Looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D