Saturday, March 26, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. How goes it? It is okay, here. A little chilly, a little windy. Big old clouds. Of course... I was planning to do some swatching, today so naturally, there must be big old puffers to block my sunshine. Oh vell. I can swatch another day.

Today I have China Glaze Agent Lavender to show you. I am having a huge love/hate relationship with this polish. I love the colour. Ever so slightly greyed lavender. Pale but not washed out. Very Spring. This polish is shiny, shiny. Before and after topcoat, shiny, shiny.

It is also a huge pain in my ass. The formula is thin, runny, it loves to just go running all over the place, flood my cuticles and make me chase it everywhere with my cleanup brush. I had to do a lot of cleanup, every nail, every coat. This manicure took me a long time to complete. It is a bit streaky and inconsistent and I had to apply three coats to get an even, level, opaque finish. Foo! A part of me was about ready to lob this bottle of polish out of my window. Dry time is slow. Even with Seche Vite, sllloooooow. It is still slightly tacky and dentable hours later. *sigh*

I don't know what I am going to do with this polish. I'll probably let it sit around until I forget what a pack of trouble it is and wear it again. And bitch about it, again. I had a pair of shoes that were like this polish. Beautiful, shiny, expensive! Loved those shoes. To look at them. Then I would get stupid, put them on and wear them to work and two hours into my shift, my poor feet would be screaming and I would be calling my husband, asking him to bring my flats to me so I could change my shoes. He would bring me my flats, I would change my shoes and send the pretty home with him. And every time, he would ask me why I didn't just toss them. I told him that they were just too pretty and I spent too much money on them to be able to bear to throw them away. Until about the forth time that whole business happened. And I finally got tired of it and tossed the shoes. lol

Okay, so. Would you like to see pics of this pretty little troublemaker?






Golly, it really is exactly like those damned shoes... So lovely. So painful. Heh. Heh.

Do you have any polishes like this one? So beautiful, yet so miserable to live with? A polish that in spite of what a hassle it is you can't bear to part with?

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great night and may your polish never bubble.

5 comments:

  1. This polish doesn't look like the 'spoiled brat' you say it is. LOL!!! JK It looks perfect and really pretty. I had a pair of red boots like your pretty shoes. I wanted them so bad I was willing to take one-half size too small. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the polish was bratty, then you have awesome application skills as it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with girls above - it doesn't look like you had so much trouble with this baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh... Therein lies it's evil. It is a real beauty. But it is a total PITA to work with. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D