Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pink Hearts and Silver Kisses

Hello gentle readers. I hope you are all having a great Tuesday.

Today's manicure is an Ode to a Pink Valentine's Day. This deceptively simple looking mani was actually a huge pain in the arse. I started with a Color Club pink that has no name. It is a Barbie pink jelly. Pretty. Very squishy. Also very streaky. This beauty took a full three coats to get smooth and even and opaque. I topped it with Seche and let it dry a bit before I got going on the decorations. After a lot of trial and error with red and intense pink striping polish and my BM plates, I was about to give up on stamping. Bah! I noticed that the glitter I was planning to use had some silver goodness, so I stamped my chosen images with China Glaze Millennium on my accent nails.

After my images were dry I coated them lightly with topcoat, placed little pink stones at the corner of the lips then got on with the glitter. I used Nicole Love Your Life. Clear jelly base with fine multicoloured and silver and gold glitter and heart pieces. That stuff is a major pain in the butt! The base and fine glitter applied just fine but getting the hearts... Bleargh! I have spent less time at a fishing hole catching a lunker than I have spent fishing those danged hearts out of the bottle to place them on my nails. Oh! tip... When fishing glitter chunks, lay the heart/star/whatever on your paper towel and wipe it with your finger before picking it up with a toothpick and placing it on your nail. This prevents the gloppy heart in a glop of polish mess that otherwise results. Okay, you probably already knew that! lol I put the hearts on all but my accent nails.

After I finally had everything done, I topped it all with another coat of Seche. Whew! But I am pretty happy with what I came up with.All decorated in the sun.


My base colour, my un named Color Club pink. In sun and shade. Look how squishy. :D I like this polish, even tho it does require three coats.

Okay, I need to rant a little. Polish companies; *cough* Color Club *cough* put labels with the shade names on your polishes. All of your polishes. Please! It is so frustrating to buy a collection that has no names on the bottles or packaging. And just as bad is having names that are in the wrong order and some are the wrong names. So please, pretty please, put labels with the shade names on all of your bottles!

Okay, now that I have that off my chest. lol Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great evening and may your polish never bubble.

6 comments:

  1. I really like this mani!! Thanks for the tip on the glitter placement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pink! I love the silver - it's a great accent to the hearts. I agree with you: Color Club (especially) should put stickers on ALL their polishes. It's so frustrating when you have to hang on to the packaging because I never do that. And even when it's on the packaging, it's *super* hard to read because it's so small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this!!! i think i have this color... it could be vintage coutri.... i love those nicole by opi heart polishes. i must aquire one!!! the blue one was on sale at my target for like 3 bucks but i didn't get it!!!! stupid me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Yeah, some of those big glitters can be a pain, but I keep buying them because I so like them once I do manage to get them sorted out on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you buy it from Ross? I bought one from Ross today and had this same issue lol. It's beautiful though and I love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D