Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pink Funky Little Valentine Nails and Naked Pictures

Hello gentle readers.

Today my pink Valentine's kick continued with a funky little Valentine look with OPI Flower to Flower from last Summer's collection and some decals and jelly hearts I picked up at a local drugstore. I applied three coats of Flower to Flower, a pretty, intense fuchsia pink with a subtle silver shimmer that glows and fires softly in sunlight.

I had to apply three coats because this polish, while pretty is a brat. It was streaky, left bald spots and generally fought me tooth and nail. Something I am not accustomed to when working with an OPI polish. I applied my decals, then noticed that some of my nails were doing some pretty alarming bubbling. Ack! I thought at that point I would have to clean it all off and start over, so thinking my mani was toast, anyway I grabbed a bottle of Dare to Wear topcoat I won in a giveaway and decided to give it a test drive. As a topcoat, it didn't perform all that well. It was thin and not very shiny.

But! Amazingly enough, it smoothed out all of the bubbles in my polish! Holy shitballs! I went from "Great, now I have to re do my nails!" to "Hey, my nails look great!" in the matter of just a few minutes. I need to try this stuff on a few more bubbly polish jobs before I can state that it is a bubble smoothing wonder polish, but so far, I am pretty happy.

I topped everything with Seche. :)



If you enlarge, you will see the loverly shimmer. And, look, mom! No bubbles!
I apologise for my not so hot photographs, my camera batteries were dying and I had to fire off as many shots as I could, as fast as I could. I wasn't able to take a lot of time to futz around. lol

Okay, I took some naked pictures today, as well. Get your mind out of the gutter and one handed surfers, move along. I am talking about my nails. Not my bod. Trust me, that isn't something anyone wants or needs to see... ;) lol

So, here are my nekkid nails, with a coat of China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat. So, I guess that they aren't technically naked, still... 


You can see the patches on my middle, ring and pinkie finger nails. Sigh... Stupid delicate nails. 
I don't actually use that Orly Tough Cookie. I tried it a few times and my nails started chipping. Coinkeedink? I am afraid that stuff dries my nails out. I might just dump the treatment and use the bottle for a franken.

Okay, there you have it. Pink nails, funky decals, no bubbles and nudity. What more could we want in one nail blog posting? 

Please don't forget to enter my Purplex giveaway. Two lucky duckies will win a bottle of Revlon Purplex. 

Mmm... I am beginning to be able to smell dinner. I am baking boneless, skinless chicken breasts and potatoes. I'll serve them with a fresh green salad and some corn and baby peas. Nom, nom, nom.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great evening and may your polish never bubble.


3 comments:

  1. Even naked you have nice nails. Love the pink and jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nails also looks patchy, its there something we can do about it? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Drazil. <3

    Lady Luck, patches are a fact of my nails' life. lol I can't grow and keep then long without them. :) I wish that there were a better way...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D