Sunday, February 27, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. How was your weekend? Mine was cold and snowy.

Blech! 'Nuff of the white stuff, already! When is that frakking groundhog going to keep his promise of an early Spring? If he lied, I have a stew pot with his name on it.

Today's nails are brought to you by the letters C and C. Color Club Red Velvet from last Fall's Untamed Luxury Collection. This polish is like China Glaze Lubu Heel's slightly dorky younger cousin. A black jelly packed with red glitter, it looks vampy indoors and then fires and sparkles in bright light and sun. This polish has a pretty nice formula, is easy to control and is opaque in two coats. The first coat is a little streaky and thin, the second smooths everything out and covers like a champ. It dries not very shiny and pretty gritty. I topped it with one coat of Seche Vite and it really could have used two as it still feels a little bumpy. Dry time was decent. While it does resemble it's China Glaze cousin, it doesn't feel quite as rich, warm and sophisticated as Lubu Heels, to me. But I still like it.

Hmmm... Methinks that perhaps it is time to do a comparison? I might just have to, when it is time to change this manicure. :D

Want to know what is freaking me out? The fact that I am actually getting enough polishes in my little collection to have some that I could do comparisons. I have a few more that I want to compare in the future.

Okay, now on to the real reason we are all here. Pictures. These were all taken in direct afternoon sun.







Boy, I really managed to smudge the hell out of that bottle with my cuticle oil, didn't I? *sigh* How do you polish mavens manage to moisturise and oil your cuticles and not get your bottle all smeary? Share your secret, please?

I must have missed something around here... Where is Nicole (Magic Maid)? I hadn't seen an update of her blog come up on my blogroll, and when I tried to click on it in my blogroll to go and see if she left a message of some kind, I got some weird search/ad page. Is she okay? Did she decide to stop blogging or start a different blog? She is a nice gal and had a great blog and it is concerning that she just stopped posting. If anyone knows something and can share without compromising a confidence, could you drop me a comment?

Okay, so I think I will go grab me some dinner. I have a hankering for a Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger...

I am going to draw the winners of my Purplex giveaway in the next day or two. Hopefully, I will have time to get to it, tomorrow.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific evening and may your polish never bubble.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, you need to do a comparison. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You're making me want to pull out my bottle of Lubu heels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think some bloggers have tried to call/ send a letter to Nicole but haven't heard anything back. Nobody knows what's going on :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have this one but haven't used it yet...it's so pretty! My bestie told me yesterday that MM's blog is gone - I hope everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D