Saturday, February 19, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. How is your weekend? So far, mine is kind of blowing big green ones. It is snowing here. Hard. And it is piling up fast. Blarg! I hate snow! Do not want! It rained last night and earlier today and it was wonderful. But this damned white stuff can go back from whence it came.

My husband is on call this weekend and he is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off putting out fires, fielding calls left, right and center and trying to keep peoples service up and running. Oh well... Overtime is his friend. We can use the money.

Okay, so. Now that I am done nattering let me get to the reason for today's post. OPI Yogata Get This Blue from OPI's India Collection. Oh my freaking gosh! This colour is stunning. This isn't your typical dark blue with a shimmer, yawn. This is cobalt blue jelly full of shimmer and duochrome. This polish has a special, glow-y quality that is visible when you are looking at it in person that sadly eludes my camera lens.

No sunshine, today so photos are just meh. But I did my best. :P

 Diffused cloudy daylight through my window. Nice camera reflection, huh? ;P

 With flash. Lookie the shimmer and duochrome yumminess.

 With flash. More shimmer and duochrome that freaks my camera out. lol

 By my bathroom lights. They play up the polish nicely but make my skin look sick. And people wonder why I would never, ever apply my makeup in there! lol

 Outdoors in the snow. Brrr! You can see the squishy quality in this picture.

One more outdoor shot. Of the polish and my camera. *sigh* Where is my sunshine?

The formula is beautiful. I had opaque coverage in two easy coats. This polish was an eensy bit thin and runny, it wanted to try to flood my cuticles. I did cleanup as I applied to prevent cuticle staining, as this polish is highly pigmented. Dry time is respectable. Seche on top makes this insanely shiny. I like insanely shiny. :D

Another winner. I love this polish.

Okay, I must motor. I am busy and I think it is time for a late lunch. My stomach is shouting to be fed. Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day, stay warm and may your polish never bubble.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't the Ice Queen supposed to be in snow? ;p

    This is a swatch that wins in many ways----gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lacquer on you. I'm almost afraid to say this but I did a comparison with this lacquer a while back and Wet n'Wild Blue Moon is quite comparable *almost a spot on dupe* You wear this very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your kind words. <3

    Lacquer Ware, if I had known, I might have seen if I could find the Wet-n-Wild version. It is unlikely I would have in this town, tho. lol I'm pretty happy with the OPI. :D

    Kimberly, yes, the Ice Queen should be in the snow. I am an anomaly. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great blue. I'm not sure I've ever seen a mani with that kind of reflection. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D