Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two Fails and a Win

Fail number one:


Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle in Loyal Lavender.

Yukkkity, yukkity, yukkity, yuk. This is one nasty polish. On a stick. Tacky, cheap looking purple lavender with a pretty hiden shimmer in the bottle that translates to a tacky, not so lovely opalescence in the sun. The formula is full of fail. Globby and thin, like trying to brush snot all over the nails. It applies unevenly and dries looking chalky and... just blech. The brush is wide, which I like but it is over contoured and not well, ruining the point of the wide brush. This polish is ugly and gross. It actually looked better in the photo than in person. I don't know how...


Fail number two:

The next polish of fail is Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle in Gentle Blossom. Another one that had promise in the bottle. Soft, clear minty green packed with silver shimmer. Should have been a slam dunk for a favourite. No such luck. The colour didn't translate to the nail. The formula was gritty, clotted and dragged and streaked horribly. Three coats had no hope of even trying to be beautiful. It also dried dull and chalky looking. Horrid, horrid polish. The brush was so badly trimmed that I had to clean the polish off of it and trim it, myself just so I could swatch this loser. 


Both of these polishes are currently sitting on top of my dresser with their receipt, awaiting return from whence they were purchased. I'll use the money to get polishes I will actually like.

I am really disappointed in Sally Hansen. So many of their polishes are so nice. But this line is not. 


In happier news, today's manicure is Color Club Who Are You Wearing? from their Rebel Debutante collection. This is a shiny, interesting ivory beige that isn't a boring, one tone granny beige. This polish goes from a porcelain ivory in direct sun to a soft, greyed lavender in the shade. The texture is smooth and almost a crelly. I applied two coats and am pretty happy with the coverage. I could have slapped on a third, to get it super opaque. I topped it with Seche and am happy with this soft, light, fresh and gentle colour.



So, gentle readers, there you have it. Two awful polishes that I am sitting here wishing I had passed up and one I am really happy that I bought. 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a wonderful evening and may your polish never bubble.

10 comments:

  1. I have the first two and I had the same problem! I couldn't even get my mani to dry AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! :( I saw them in Walgreens and I was thinking about getting it but it didn't have a price label and I didn't want to risk it so I put it down. Thank goodness I did! *wipes sweat off forehead* I'm sorry they sucked! I'm surprised though because they made it sound so good and "elegant" with the name and the display lmao! But I do loveeeee the Color Club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, too bad I was seriously thinking about at least getting the minty one. Well, money saved. Lol! That color club is on it. It's gorgeous on you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised at that minty one...I love mint color. LOve the natural last one though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the color club! the other two.. ehhh.... not so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, i looove that Color Club polish. and it only took 2 coats?! -must have. haha~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also saw these at Walgreens but decided not to purchase because I have similar colors, good thing because I have no patience waiting for nails to dry. Thanks for the warning!!


    Beneaththesunn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lavender color isn't *bad*, it's just not great. LOL I could see that used as a pedi color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, that's too bad they didn't work out :( I was thinking about getting some of them... hmm... maybe they didnt work out because they were pastels?? could that be possible???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the Lavender looks nice, actually. You can tell it was a little globby but maybe not if you hadn't said anything.

    And of course the Color Club one is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D