Monday, January 31, 2011

Recent Haul and my First Essie Mani

Hello gentle readers. How is life treating all of you? All is well, here. It is cold, windy and snowed a little, earlier. But it didn't stick around. Thank God! I can't bear another snow like that last one. If it happens again, I will have to go run screaming into the night.

So, I got out yesterday, did a little girlie shopping. Bought some new foundation, some new body lotion and body butter. The butter was supposed to be mainly for my feet, but it softens me so nicely all over, my feeties are just going to have to share. I picked up a cuticle cream and of course... Polish. :D

I found a pretty Nicole in Target called Love Your Life. Pink clear jelly filled with small pink glitter and pink hearts. I thought it might be fun for Valentine's Day manis. After Target, I ran into Sally's to use my 15% voucher before it expired and got a new foot file (my feet eat files!) some cotton pads and a few more polishes. I wanted a new black and decided to try Finger Paints Black Expressionism. And while I was drifting along, kind of looking for a foot file, I spied with my little eye on the clearance shelf China Glaze Ick-A-Body. It had a big, red clearance sticker on it and I grabbed it faster than a striking cobra. $1.99. Boy do I ever love a bargain. :D

Then it was off to Ross. I just wanted to see if there were any interesting polishes in the bins. I scored two Color Club collections. One was a pack of seven polishes that had no names, no numbers so I have no clue what their names are. But they look promising. I also found the Covered in Diamonds half of the Untamed Luxury collection. Woo hoo! Eight clams each. I need to remember to drop in there more often and haunt the polish bins.

Have I mentioned I love getting a bargain?

Haul pic:


Today's mani is my first ever Essie manicure. I recently bought some Essie polishes from Amazon. Uh... It is waaay too easy to buy polish from there. A few clicks and I have polish on the way. Dangerous! lol I have learned that you need to be really careful to check shipping charges and add everything carefully so that you don't pay too much. So far, all of the polishes I have bought (I will be showing the little hauls in upcoming posts) have come out, with shipping less or the same as I would pay in a store. It is the only way I can get a lot of my polishes, because they are hard, if not impossible to find in my POS podunk town.

So, anyhoozle, I did my nails with Essie Demure Vixen, today. Demure Vixen is part of Essie's 2010 Summer Collection. I had been lemming it since I saw the first swatch post in someone's blog, last year. Boy is this polish pretty. Soft, light mauve with a hint of brown. But not enough brown to make me hate it, or give me lobster claws. It has a beautiful magenta hidden shimmer that fires in sunlight. The formula was lovely, easy to work with. I am not madly in love with the brush. It is a bit small and skinny. I prefer a larger brush. But the brush isn't terrible and it certainly wouldn't scare me off from Essie. I applied two coats and topped it with Seche Vite.






The sun came out just long enough for me to fire off a few shots and get that oh-so-lovely shimmer. Then it went back into hiding. Pics are clickable, if you are so inclined.

My nails are shorter. They were looking and feeling a bit beat up. My nails are delicate and weak and even with gentle care and patches, after a while, they just need to be filed down and given a chance to grow back out a little stronger. Until they start cracking, chipping and get patched and then have to be filed down, again. lol

Well, this was a looooong post, wasn't it? If you read all this babble, I salute you. lol Thank you so much for popping in. If you are in the path of all that bad Winter weather hitting so much of the country, stay warm and safe. Have a great evening and may your polish never bubble.

5 comments:

  1. I wish I had a great store that I could find Color Club collections. LOVE your haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you, I am stunned that I can find these in this town! lol

    I can't wait to try these polishes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a couple good Color Club collections at Ross a couple months ago. I think I'm gonna have to go back to see if I can score some more! LOL I love that Essie. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've become spoiled by larger brushes...
    It's always my first gripe nowadays. :\

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read it all. Love the haul and the Demure Vixen. I can't get enough of the polishes with a slight magenta shimmer. Your nails are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D