Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. Happy hump day. The week is nearly at an end, the weekend is almost here. I am looking forward to it. I finally feel well enough to get out and about, do some shopping, maybe haul a little polish... Some makeup... Yepper. I need a little girlie retail therapy. Especially after the day I had yesterday. :P

Okay, so today, I have a gorgeous polish to show you. Zoya Crystal. Lord have mercy, this polish is stunning. A dark grey jelly base packed with blue shimmer and gold mini flakies. Zowie! Indoors and in shade, this polish looks almost greyed, icy. Calm.... Get it out in the sun and Pow! Sparkle, shimmer. The blue deepens and springs to life. My nails look like jewelry.

I applied three coats and topped it with Seche. Application was Zoya-licious. The formula is lovely, the viscosity perfect, it just flows into place, as if it is alive and knows where to go. I had little cleanup. Very little. I am a little curious to see what removal will be like. Most shimmery, flakie polishes are a bear to remove. Not that I am thinking about cleaning this gorgeous stuff off, at the moment.

I have a pile of pictures. Would you like to see?






 In sunshine.




And shade. I wish my camera could give this polish it's due. As pretty as it is in photos, it is ten times more so, in person. <3

What do you think of Crystal? Do you own this polish? Love it? It has vaulted right to the top of my favourite blue polishes list. This really is a very special polish and I am so happy that I chose it and I am grateful to Zoya for their recent Facebook promo that made it possible for me to try their wonderful polish.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a wonderful evening and may your polish never bubble.

10 comments:

  1. i love this color! its my fave from the flame colleciton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What setting is your camera in? Mine doesn't capture nail colors this well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this polish and it looks amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, gals. :D

    Nail Designs, my camera is on Auto, the highest resolution setting and ISO 400. My camera is an old Fuji Finepix A500 5MP. Sadly, the macro doesn't focus as sharp as it used to. I guess I am wearing the poor thing out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was actually one of my first purchases from Zoya. I actually don't like it. :/ But I only wore it once I think I should give it another shot one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thanks, I tried my camera on that and it works much better. I own the canon g10

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this polish. It's beautiful. I'm glad I own it. =)

    P.S. I don't think I've ever commented on here before. Your nails are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I ordered this one with the three free promotion...I can't wait to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grabbed Crystal (and the rest of the Flame collection) and I'm so glad I did. I love the whole set and especially Crystal. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Addison, what we like is very individual. I know if I like a colour,when I see it. And if I don't like it, I don't buy it, even if everyone else is raving about how fabulous it is. lol

    ND, I'm glad that changing your settings helped. I am such a photog idiot. I just put my camera on it's best settings and went for it. lol

    Thank you everyone for coming by and your kind comments.

    Katie, I am so glad that you commented and thank you for your kind compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D