Thursday, January 6, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. I hope that you are all having a great week.

I am sorry I have not been around much, lately. I was recently diagnosed with a right nasty case of shingles and between the pain and the meds that turn me into a brain dead looped out goofball, polishing my nails and photographs of them aren't on the very top of my priority list at present. I hope that the meds work and this passes soon. Let me tell ya, I wouldn't wish shingles on my worst enemy. And there is a lot I would wish on such persons. lol

Anyhoozle, on to my present manicure. Today I have my first Hard Candy polish (besides their much loved by me matte topcoat), Beetle. Boy is this pretty. A dark grey jelly packed to the rafters with colour shifting duochrome miniflakies. This polish shifts from purple to green to gold to grey, depending on the light and angle. This polish makes me think of clusters of raw amethysts or the inside of a thunder egg.  I have read that this is a close sister to Orly Space Cadet. I don't own Space Cadet so I couldn't say for certain. 

Here are pictures. All were taken in diffused sun outdoors. It is, of course, partly cloudy today. *sigh* Where is the sun when I need it? lol Buckle up, kiddies. Lots of pictures ahead. :D









I don't particularly like this last photo, but it shows the gold shift very nicely, so I included it. :P I love how the bottle looks like a jewel in the light. :D

This polish applied very nicely. It wanted to flood my cuticles and I had to keep a tight reign on it, but it was easy, otherwise. I only had to apply two coats to get an opaque finish. Dry time is pretty good. I topped this polish with Seche Vite. You can find Hard Candy polishes at WalMart for five dollars a bottle. I love that they shrink wrap seal the bottles. You know that you are getting a clean, fresh bottle that some rude, nasty idiot hasn't opened, swatched on their fingers, toes (yuk!!!!!) or a shelf or display. Why the hell do people do that? Gross! Anyway, I like this polish and am looking forward to trying other shades in this line.

Okay, my muscle relaxer is kicking in... Wooooeeeeoooo... I'z getting loopy, again, so I am going to run along. Thank you so much for popping in. Take care and may your polish never bubble.

13 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! my MIL had shingles and it was absolutely terrible.

    LOVE the colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry to hear about your health problems :S

    That does look exactly like Orly Space Cadet - I have the other dupe, Accessorize Aztec, and it looks just like your pics. LOVE that color, it is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. :)

    Now, I don't have to hunt down and buy Space Cadet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! New follower ("found" you through Nailstah - congrats). I really like Beetle, but haven't bought it because I already have Space Cadet. If it's like SC, it's gorgeous - and according to your pictures, it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the color are gorgeous!!! Im a new follower, nice to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for the comment:) will try to get my hands on it at the pharmacy. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better. Very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're feeling better..even in sickness you posted pix of nail polish...you're awesome!

    I love 'Beetle' and it looks beautiful over light and dark colors. And I feel ya about getting a "fresh" bottle of polish because this week I watched a woman paint all 10 of her fingers in Walmart and I saw a woman in Sally's paint all 10 of her nails 10 different colors and neither purchased the polishe(s) they used (ewww)..in the words of Stephanie Tanner from Full House: HOW RUDE! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'd heard of Beetle and its comparison to Orly but not seen it. Incredible and HC dropped to $4 price tag as opposed to the whopping $10 for the Orly. Great dupe and post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better soon, Beetle looks great on your hands!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D