Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. How is your week going? It is snowing here. It started late this morning and has been going, light but steady all day and evening. We may get 4 to 6 inches. I just hope it melts fast. We live on the side of a hill and our driveway is a steep-pitched skating rink when it is snowy and icy. Not good. Besides, I need to get out and go shopping, this weekend. Groceries and polishes to buy, you know. :D

So, today I decided it was time to try a new polish. Revlon Royal. This. Polish. Is. Gorgeous. Deep, royal blue jelly. It is almost cobalt blue. I am in love with this colour. I would take it to Vegas and marry it, if I could. It is so squishy and has a lovely lit from within quality that reminds me of the enamel on my favourite hair clip.

I read that this polish is a three coater, so I decided to apply two coats of Royal over underwear. It goes on so smooth, so easily. It is slightly thin, but not runny. It is pretty easy to control and clean up. Just keep it off your cuticles. This polish is very highly pigmented and will stain your cuticles pretty quickly. I now do cleanup as I paint each nail and even the short time between letting a little polish hit a cuticle and getting my cleanup brush there, it had stained a little. So, watch those cuticles. :) Royal dries pretty quickly but it dries satin, not super shiny. To get that gorgeous, squishy shine to really come out, you need topcoat. I used Seche Vite, of course.

Fair warning. Lots of pictures coming up. I had a hard time narrowing down the ones I wanted to keep and post. And I like looking at this colour... So... Oh! And please ignore the reflections in my nails. I had to photograph them in my bathroom. Bright but shitty incandescent lighting made for squicky skintone and lots of reflections I don't like. :P








Sorry about the dry skin. I was thinking about doing Konad and I didn't want to try to tangle with a stamper and cuticle oil, at the same time. lol

Speaking of Konad... I used plate # M59 to stamp snowflakes with China Glaze Millennium. Nice stamping polish, by the way. I stamped one over the other to try to make it look like falling snow. I wasn't entirely successful. But I don't think I did too bad. I sealed the stamping with the "topcoat" I made, then applied a little Wet and Wild Dancer to my tips. Dancer is a fine holo glitter that reminds me of China Glaze Fairy Dust. I topped everything with a second coat of Seche.


Pictures are, as always clickable, if you so desire.

All of my Christmas decorations, excluding outdoor lights are all taken down and packed away. I normally leave my Christmas decorations up until after the New Year. But we are planning to do some rearranging this weekend and I wanted all of the decorations put away so I don't have to hassle with them, then. *sigh* It is kind of sad, when they are all gone for the year. My house always feels so bare, kind of dark and echo-y for a while.

Okay, I think I have nattered on long enough. Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great night (or day, depending on where you are, right now), stay warm and may your polish never bubble.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Isn't is wonderful...me loves it so much I bought a backup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :)

    I am also strongly considering a backup of this polish. I don't think I want to be without this shade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful color. I wore this one after Christmas. I think my camera is jealous of its beauty because I wasn't able to capture the color and finish properly. Your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's one gorgeous blue! :D And I can understand the wish to post more pictures than usual. I do it all the time if I'm loving a polish that much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love for this polish seems to be widespread. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D