Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. I hope that you are staying warm and aren't getting buried under too much snow.

Today I have a manicure done in green and red with a little striping and some rhinestones. I applied Revlon Ruby Ribbons matte suede polish, a dusty burgundy red with subtle shimmer to my ring finger and thumb nails and Revlon Emerald City matte suede, a dusty emerald green with subtle shimmer to my other nails. I did some striping on my accent nails and added little shots of glitter to the ends of the stripes and set green rhinestones on the red nails and red rhinestones on the green nails. I topped everything with Seche. Topcoat made the matte polish shiny and brought out the gorgeous shimmer that isn't as visible in it's suede finish.

These polishes apply beautifully. They are creamy, velvety and don't run all over the place and cleanup nicely, too. Dry time is a little faster than with shiny finish polishes.  I used a gold glitter striping nail art polish I picked up at Sally Beauty Supply on sale. The rhinestones I used were sent to me by Born Pretty Store.


 Check out that shimmer. Yummy!

The fugly lighting is courtesy of the bright, incandescent bulbs in my bathroom. We still have no sun here. I hate that I can't take polish pics in the sun, lately but I am loving and reveling in the clouds, wind and rain we are getting. 

Okay, my stomach is growling, which means I should go dig up some dinner. 
Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great night. Stay warm and may your polish never bubble.

Oh! And please don't forget to check out my giveaway post, just before this one. A $60.00 gift certificate from CSN Stores is up for grabs. :D


Some of the products used in this post were sent to me by the company for a fair and honest review.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the best Christmas manicures I've seen this year, I love it! It's not over the top, it has gorgeous shades of green and red, really awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D