Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Manicure of the Moment:

Hello kittens. How'z tricks?

It is slightly overcast and freakishly warm around here. It is December and the temperatures are saying April. It is supposed to get up to 73 degrees on Monday. What the hell is going on, around here? lol

I decided to do up my nails, today. I decided to go with something red, glittery and add a little extra fun with water decals I received from Born Pretty Store. I decided to start with Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Stiletto Red. I like the colour, it is a clear, bright red that I thought would be a great base for a Christmas-y manicure. Problem is, it tends to be a tad sheer. The last time I wore it, I had VNL even after three coats. Then I remembered reading on someone's blog about putting "underwear" on your nails before applying a polish that is VNL hell. She uses a pale beige shade by China Glaze. Can't remember the shade name and for the life of me, I can't remember who's blog I was reading when I learned this trick. I don't own the China Glaze beige, so I applied two good coats of Orly Ridge Filler Base Coat, let it dry then applied my red. Two coats and no VNL. Not even a hint. Woo hoo! No more unwanted VNL. I don't mind it under sheer polish but when it is supposed to be opaque, I don't want to see it.

After my red was on and I did a little cleanup, I applied two coats of China Glaze Party Hearty to my pinkies, middle and index finger nails. On my rings and thumb nails I applied two coats of Party Hearty as if I were doing French tips. I let my nails dry for a few minutes while I got water decals ready to go, then applied water decals to my ring and thumb nails. And, because I am completely unable to leave well enough alone when it comes to nail art  I went ahead and added a few green resin rhinestones. I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite.


This pic was taken in slightly diffused sun.  Even with correcting, I can't get the correct shade of this polish to show in photographs. This really is a lovely, true red. The prop I used is an ornament I plucked off my Christmas tree. :D

All righty, then. Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific evening, stay warm and may your polish never bubble.

The nail art products used in this post were sent to me by the company for a fair and honest review.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. :D

    Thanks, Draz. I haven't forgotten about the how to. I will get to it... Soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun manicure. And thank you for the tip too, I will keep it in mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Cel.

    It is a good tip, isn't it? I just wish I could remember which blog I read it in. I would have credited the blog's author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D