Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Manicure of the Moment: Sweet Pink and Konad Roses

Hello gentle readers. I hope that everyone who celebrates had a fantastic Christmas. Ours was nice. Pretty quiet. We went out to the lake and took a nice hard three mile walk to earn the Christmas dinner I had in the oven. It was nice to get out and get some fresh air and move a bit. We weren't the only ones with the same idea, the trails were pretty busy. But not crowded. The weather yesterday was gorgeous. Sixty degrees with a breeze. Perfect for hardcore power walking. Warm enough for short sleeves and the breeze kept us cool and comfortable. I am not even all that mad that we didn't have snow. If it had snowed, that lovely walk would have been out of the question. :D

Okay, on to the real reason why we are here. Nails. Mine, to be specific. After all of the dark, glittery, heavy nail looks, I was really in the mood for something soft, sweet and subtle. So I decided to paint my nails pink and do some Konading on top. I chose Color Club She's So Glam from the Rebel Debutant collection that I scored for a song at Ross a couple of weeks ago. This was my first experience with Color Club and now that I have tried this brand, it won't be my last. I am just kicking myself for passing by Color Club when I was in Ross in the past. Back before I knew that this was a good brand of polish. Now that I am edumicated, I will be stalking Ross for other collections.

She's So Glam is a pretty carnation pink creme that is a pleasure to apply. It is a tad persnickety, it doesn't like to be overworked and it can get a bit streaky if you aren't smooth and quick with it. It self levels nicely and was opaque and smooth in two coats. I topped it with Seche and let it dry for a little while before I started stamping.





Taken outdoors on a very cloudy day. No flash. 
The writing on the bottom is mine. These bottles are unlabeled and I had to mark them and write down the names on a separate piece of paper that I keep with my polishes. I wish that polish companies were more careful about labeling all of their polishes. 

After my polish dried for a while, it was time to stamp. I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White and Konad plate M65. This is my first attempt at a full nail design. I don't think I did too bad a job. I do need some more practice at placing my designs, On my right hand, I have some bare spots near my tips on a couple of nails and my left thumb nail the design starts too far over, but all in all, I don't think it looks too bad. I have read that Seche doesn't always play well with stamped designs, so I sealed the design with a thin mix I made of clear polish and Wet-N-Wild and Fingers top coats, let it dry a bit then topped everything with a nice, thick coat of Seche. It worked very nicely.




I am beginning to develop a rhythm and learning some things that make the process faster and easier and gives me a nice result. I think that I am going to have to break down and buy some stamping polishes. I like the soft, subtle look of today's design but there will be times I want it to be brighter and sharper and I think that I will need the "real" stamping polish to achieve that. Stamping is fun and I am going to be doing a lot of it in the future.

Okay, I must run along. Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific day, stay warm and may your polish never bubble.

11 comments:

  1. Nice mani! The paleness of the white added a delicate look to the roses, a very nice touch. By the way, the Konad stamping polishes are not big-3 free, so I found something that is big 3 free and worked for stamping. I have good luck stamping with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes as most are thick, 1 coat opaque polishes. Oh, and the labels are missing on the Color Club polishes I got from Ross, too. Hee hee, I got out a label maker and printed tiny labels to put on the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful pink and the roses are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Desert Nails. I am going to pick up a couple of the Sally Hansen Insti-Dry polishes and see waht I think of them. I am not too worried about Konad polish being Big 3 free, it goes on over other polish, but if I can find polishes I like for stamping without having to pay the high price of the Konad polish... All the better. :D I like the idea of making labels. Maybe I need a label maker.

    Thank you, Melanie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! so pretty with the roses and this is such a perfect pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely pink, lol. Reminds me of cotton candy...yummmy. And the konad is very subtle and very pretty. Great switch from all the heavy glitter and red/green/golds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, you did a great job on the konading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, girls. :) I am enjoying Konading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. spray tan

    Amazing!
    Thanks, Nails desert. I'm going to take a couple of the glossy Sally Hansen Institute of Information Technology Services and see what I think of them. I'm not too worried about the Big Nail Polish is a 3-free, beyond the Poles, but if I find that I like molding Transparencies, without paying the high price of nail polish ... So much the better. : DI like the idea of ​​making labels. Maybe I need to label printer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D