Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hello Kitty in the Snow

Hello kittens. How's tricks? I have been busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest. I think I am finally all caught up for a bit. My house is clean and my Christmas decorating is finally finished. I got the tree up and decorated, this evening. My son brought it up from the storage room and I started to assemble it, assuming that my husband would be happy to help. Uh... No. He "suddenly" had to go out and pick something up. And he managed to stay gone until I had all three sections together and all fluffed up. He hates fluffing and I rag on him something terrible while he is doing it. Poor thing has no talent for it and I am fussy, so...

I guess I can't blame him. lol

I also carved out some time to sit down and do my nails. I have been wearing just basecoat for a couple of days and I was happy to get them polished, again. I applied two coats of Finger Paints Mistletoe Mischief, a beautiful emerald green jelly packed with green glass fleck glitter. This polish is really beautiful and the glitter goes insane in the sunshine. Two coats gave me an opaque finish. The formula is a little... Snotty. I don't mean bratty. I mean... Snotty. Like snot. It wants to get gloppy, stringy and clump on you if you try to work it too much. You need to be swift and smooth with this stuff. But the colour payoff is worth it, in my humble opinion.

I topped this polish with China Glaze Fast Forward and I got some serious shrinkage. So much that I considered cleaning it off and starting over but I just didn't have time, so I went on with my manicure. The shrinkage isn't too visible indoors in normal light, but out in the sun... :P

Finger Paints Mistletoe Mischief, two coats in direct sun.

I decided to do a little nail art and used some of the supplies sent to me by Born Pretty Store for use and review. I decided to do some stamping. I used Born Pretty stamper and image plate M71. This plate has Hello Kitty on it and I couldn't resist stamping her all over my nails. I went over her with one coat of Wet-n-Wild Holiday Collection glitter in Dancer, a silver fine holo glitter and sparse large holo hex sequins. It looks as if Hello Kitty is out in the snow. I added red resin rhinestones to my ring and thumb nails. Then topped everything with Wet-n-Wild topcoat that came with the glitters. 




The stamping image plate and stamper worked great. Stamping is easy and fun. I played with it for a couple of minutes yesterday and got the hang of it right off the bat. I just need to work on placement a bit and develop a nice rhythm so that stamping goes a little more quickly. The image plate from Born Pretty seems to be a really nice one. All of the images come out crisp and clear and complete, with good technique. Since this in my only stamping plate, so far I don't have any to compare it with. But I am impressed with this one. :D

The resin rhinestones are really pretty and easy to work with. My only gripe is that after they are applied and coated with topcoat and worn for a while they tend to dull a little. The stones on my nails now have more of a glow than any real sparkle. They are still pretty, but have definitely changed. This won't keep me from using these stones and I would most likely buy other colours, sizes and shapes. But for real gem-like sparkle and flash, I would look to crystal, rather than resin. :)

The Wet-n-Wild topcoat is okay. It applied pretty easily but it takes a while to dry and isn't as shiny as I expect my topcoat to be. But it is respectable stuff and I will use the three minis I have. I wouldn't buy this topcoat on it's own. tho. 

Okay, so there you have it. Thank you so much for popping in. Have a good one and may your polish never bubble.

The nail art supplies used in this post were sent to me by the company for a fair and honest review.

6 comments:

  1. That green is ravishing. I love the Hello Kitty stamp and the red sparkle. Your nails are gorgeous!

    Have you found Mystic Lilac yet? I found one this weekeend and I'm not really sure about it. I haven't used it yet, I have olive skin and it seems too light for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, that is some shrinkage; I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jen. :D No, I haven't found Mystic Lilac, yet. But I am not giving up hope. I will find it, if it is the last thing I do. lol

    Karen, the shrinkage drives me crazy. lol I am going to go on a topcoat hunt, soon. Maybe it is time to break down and order some Nubar Diamont. :)

    ABOB, Thank you. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D