Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Glitter Comparison: China Glaze Party Hearty and Milani Jewel FX Gems

 Hello kittens. I hope that you all are having a great week and are getting ready for the weekend. Just one more day! :D

I recently added two lovely glitters to my little polish family. China Glaze Party Hearty and Milani Jewel FX Gems. I bought Party Hearty in a three pack from my local Sally Beauty Supply and I picked up Gems at my local CVS on Thanksgiving day. I was sitting here the other day, doing my nails and wondering if Party Hearty and Gems were alike. Dupes, possibly? When it came time to change my polish I decided to take a little time and use my existing mani as a base for comparing the two beauties.

And, beauties they are. Sisters, definitely. But certainly not twins. All of these photos were taken in full sun and are clickable to enlarge.

 On index and ring China Glaze Party Hearty. On middle and pinkie Milani Jewel FX Gems. One coat of each.










All swatches are one coat over three coats of OPI Princesses Rule! I probably should have done a white base, but I had a tightwad moment and decided not to waste perfectly good light polish. Never mind that a few minutes later, I cleaned it all off and did a new mani. :P

China Glaze Party Hearty is a mix of fine glitter in green, silver and gold and scattered large red hex sequin glitter. Milani Jewel FX Gems is a mix of fine silver, blue, red and green glitter and lots of large hex sequins in red, silver and green.

When the sun hits these polishes, Party Hearty dances and sparkles. Gems is all about flash.

Both of these polishes are pretty. Party Hearty applies a little more easily, thanks to it's larger round brush and thinner base. Gems seems to have been created largely for nail designs, rather than painting it to cover your nails and is a little harder to apply.

So, there you have it. Two lovely and fun glitter polishes.Both are definitely worthy of a place in the Helmers and hearts of any glitter loving polish addict.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a good one and may your polish never bubble. :D

11 comments:

  1. I love PH and I haven't bought it yet but I didn't know there was this close Milani polish.. I still like PH better but they're both nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sitting on the fence about which one I want to get.do i even need flakie glitter? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    but thanks for the comparision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just get both, SWN, then you don't have to choose. :D

    Jennifer, Party Hearty is really pretty, I love it. Gems is quite different, especially in person. I have read that Gems is a dupe for Lippmann Happy Birthday. I can't say for certain, since I don't own both and have never seen a comparison done in a blog, anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look great. I have Party Hearty but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me, Gems looks more like Happy Birthday from the lippman collection. The only difference I can spot between Gems & HB is Gems has small & large hexagonal sequins, HB has large hexagonal sequins and square glitter. Also, HB has a pink/purple color as well. Other than that, all colors are pretty much the same.

    Hope this helps those who want HB but don't wanna shell out the money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool!! I'm still only dreaming of Party Hearty and Gems..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the comparison, Sara. Now, I don't need Happy Birthday so much, since Gems is similar. My wallet can breathe! lol

    Ritterbraten, they are both lovely polishes and worth owning. :)

    Kelli Kat, drag that bad boy out! It is a party on your nails, fo shiz. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY - I finally read your page you set up about nail care. Jenny did too - we LOVE it. And guess what? I bought nail glue today to try your trick. Oh one question I still have - you mentioned fixing a tear with a tea bag...what do you exactly mean by that? I can't fix any tears right now - still in the healing stage but maybe soon. Sorry to keep bugging you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this. In the smaller photo I saw of it from my dashboard...it reminded me of the paint splatters in multi-colors on a white canvas, all random and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drazie, I will add a step by step on doing a tea bag patch in the next few days. :D

    Thanks, LW. :D I like the scattered colours, too. And, call me crazy and tasteless, but I kind of liked those glitters over the pink... *hides*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D