Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gallant Rescue of a Failed French

Hello kittens.

Today I decided to do a French manicure with some pretty silver and gold stripes and a sparkly stone or two. Yeah... Not. Painting those stripes was an abject failure. I knew better than to try without the appropriate brush or nail art paint. *sigh* I tried it on my left ring and I made a bit of a mess of the job. Should have practiced ahead of time on paper. I would have seen that my lack of true artistic talent would have prevented me from succeeding. lol  Lack of talent and proper nail art brushes. I tried to do the art with a home chop job on a stiff synthetic brush. Good idea, bad execution. Funny how this seems to be a recurring theme with my French manicures. :P

After my failed attempt, I thought I would have to clean the entire nail and re do it. I decided to try something else, first. I soaked a Q-Tip in acetone and rolled it on the nail, cleaning off the silver fail and the base polish without touching or damaging the white tip, leaving a big divot to fill. I filled it with the layers I needed and covered up the repair with a cute Santa water decal from Born Pretty Store. I did my other accent nails (thumbs and my right ring)with decals, too. Then I used a little base coat to adhere matching resin rhinestones to Santa's sack. (Bwahahaha! Rhinestones on Santa's sack... Yes, sometimes I am a twelve year old boy.) I then topped those nails with more Seche Vite.




These pictures were taken by the light of my Christmas tree. It was sundown by the time I finished my nails and got to taking photographs. Not that it mattered how late it was. It was a dark, grey day all day today. My favourite kind of day. But not great for photographing manicures.

I used my usual base coat,  two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White for the tips and a coat of OPI Hearts and Tarts for the French pink. Seche Vite topcoat. The decal on my left ring finger nail completely covers the repaired spot.

Okay, so there you have it. My rescued failed French manicure. Thank you for popping in. Have a great night, stay warm and may your polish never bubble.

 Some of the products in this post were sent to me by the company for a fair and honest review.

8 comments:

  1. This is totally cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little Santas, they're so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, girls. :)

    He he. Those Santas saved my bacon, today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's really pretty! :D
    i need konads and decals...
    too bad i don't have a credit card O_O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Tiffany.

    You don't need a credit card. Buy a prepaid debit card. WalMart has a pretty good one. I use one for all of my online shopping. I never shop online with my bank card or a credit card. It is safer and I can never spend more than I can afford or overdraft my bank account.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally need to find these decals. LOVE them. And IQ - guess what? I got solar nails put on today - I couldn't stand my short ones! AH - don't hate me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Draz, I received the decals from Born Pretty Store, you can find a logo linking to the store in my sidebar. They have other types, not just Christmas. :) It is getting a little late to order them, now.

    You know better than to think I would hate you for having enhancements put on, Drazzie. We all have to do what works for us. If enhancements make you happy, then I am all for them for you. I hope that you are loving them. :D

    I don't know what Solar Nails are... I guess it is time to hit Google.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, okay. They are a type of acrylic nail system. Cool :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D