Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wet and Wild Wild Shine Eggplant Frost

This 'aint your Grammie's frost, gentle readers. This is flashy, shimmery, colour shift-y, delicious duochrome fun in a little bottle "frost". A purple jelly packed with shimmer that flashes and dances and shifts from green to teal to blue to, surprisingly, brilliant slashes of fuchsia. It is really pretty. And difficult as hell to photograph. I did my best. I wanted to shoot a little video but my camera won't focus in on it well enough to show all of the colour play. (I really do need a new camera.) I applied one coat over yesterday's Wet and Wild Blackmail. (See my previous post to see that colour.) And topped it with Seche. For a jelly, this colour really holds it's own and even applied over black, shows as purple in all light.

Okay, here are pictures:





Indoor light, no flash.

 Indoor light, with flash.

 Outdoors in slightly diffused sunlight, no flash. 




Same as above. 

Please do click to enlarge to see more of the shimmery, duochrome-y goodness. If you look for it, you can see the fuchsia. I wish I could have captured the brilliant flashes of that colour. It really is amazing. Sorry about the fingerprints on the bottle... I usually try to avoid them. I thought about re shooting but I don't have enough battery power, right now. 

The formula is nice. Not too thick, not runny. Easy to use. The brush is standard round. I prefer a wide brush but this handled just fine. Dry time is pretty quick, especially with Seche and cleanup is pretty easy. I am kind of interested to see how this looks alone, not layered.

If you are in the mood for a fun, new purple and don't want to pay an arm and a leg, you might want to check this one out.

Thank you for popping in. Have a great evening and may your polish never bubble.

12 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm feeling as if this is needed in my ever growing collection! (:

    Is it limited edition?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah, I don't know if it is a LE or not. It was in with the Hallowe'en polishes and makeup at my local Walgreen's and there were quite a few, so it should be pretty easy to find, even if it is.

    You should get it, you might really like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm in love! I have to have this. Thanks for posting the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so welcome Jen.

    Now, go get it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. naturally like your web site however you have to check the spelling on
    quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very troublesome to tell the reality however I'll definitely come back again.
    Here is my blog post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9kjNVrn15Y

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?

    I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost
    on everything. Would you propose starting with
    a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid
    option? There are so many choices out there that I'm completely confused .. Any recommendations? Kudos!
    Here is my web page - drum tobacco prices

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am genuinely happy to glance at this website posts which consists of
    plenty of helpful information, thanks for providing these kinds of statistics.
    Have a look at my webpage - mac baren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asking questions are genuinely fastidious thing if you are not understanding something completely, however this paragraph presents fastidious understanding
    yet.
    Feel free to visit my page : van nelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I every time used to study post in news papers but now as I
    am a user of web thus from now I am using net for articles
    or reviews, thanks to web.
    Also see my page - amphora tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great web site you've got here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing like yours these days.
    I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!
    Also visit my blog post samson tobacco

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D