Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

Hello there, poppets. Bet you're surprised to see me posting new nail looks two days in a row. :D Not something that happens often, around here.

I was out shopping, the other day and picked up a bottle of Wet and Wild in Blackmail. It was lurking in a crowd of random stuff scattered around some Hallowe'en displays at Walgreen's. This particular store... Let me tell you. What a mess. Things aren't neat, in their proper place and new things never seem to show up when they should. Anyhoozle. I happened across this polish and thought it would work for October and Hallowe'en.

Blackmail is a black jelly with fine black, teal blue and orange glitter. The glitter is a bit subtle, it doesn't really even go all that crazy in direct sun. But it is there. I needed three coats for complete opacity. I topped this with a coat of Seche.

The formula was okay. It wanted to get a little gloopy, the more I worked with it. But it wasn't a problem. The brush is wide and curved along the bottom, making it easy for even this extraordinarily sloppy polisher do a surprisingly neat job of application. It practically set it's self on my nail right where it needed to be, made a gap and avoided the skin to the sides very nicely. Cleanup didn't take me long.  I did get a little too enthusiastic on my left index, trying to even up the gap, a little where I had applied a bit unevenly. Dry time is about average, I suppose. Seche makes it mad shiny, something it can't quite achieve on it's own.








video

Pictures are clickable to see the sparkle better.

So, there you have it, my first Hallowe'en-y look for the holiday.

Thank you for popping in. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I was eyeing this up today at CVS!
    I think it might be intended as a "dupe" (or close to it) of SH's Midnight in NY. [Which, I plan to do a review of sooner or later.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find the SH and didn't realise that this was a probable dupe. Now I can quit looking. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and enjoy reading the posts! I love this black! The shimmer makes it so chic! Blackmail is now on my wishlist!

    (i just started and could use some followers so please check out my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, I haven't seen this one or the midnight in ny so this is a first for me, this looks fantastic on yo' shawties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great black. I love black polishes in all of their forms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D