Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

Hello ladies.

It is another beautiful Autumn day here in the mountains in Arizona. About 80 degrees, lightly breezy and brilliantly sunny. Pretty much a perfect day and we are expecting another one, tomorrow.

I have a busy day, today but I did find time to do my nails in between everything I am getting done and I even found a little time to start working on a couple of frankens. (More on that, later.)

Today's mani is Finger Paints Hue Left Me a Message? A very pretty, girlie glitter polish. This is a clear, rosy base packed with rose and lighter pink glitter. It applied easily and cleanup wasn't the PITA I feared it would be. This polish dries semi matte and slightly bumpy. It needs a topcoat to show all the shine and sparkle and smooth it out. I applied two coats, did cleanup and smoothed on a coat of China Glaze Fast Forward. Very sparklicious. I have a little VNL, to get perfect coverage, one more coat would have done the trick but I just didn't have the time.





In the shade.




In direct sun.

And a little video to really show the sparkle: 

video


I am working on a couple of franken ideas. I did a first draft mix, just a tiny bit of this, a teensy bit of that, test it out. So far, I am happy with where these are headed. Since this is a little more involved then simply mixing two or three no-brainer compatible polishes, I am taking this slow and carefully. I don't want to make a mistake and have to toss expensive stuff. I also need some more supplies... Clear polish and some ballz, for a couple of things.

Here is a look at the preliminary mixes. They aren't final, yet and bubbly and a but rough, since I just mixed on a surface and picked them up with a brush to swatch. 



Rough drafts, but what do you think, so far? Yes? No? Continue? Or am I all wet? lol

I tried these mixes with additional fine holo glitter that I picked up at Walgreen's and while they came out pretty, they were also very bumpy and gritty. Hmmm... Maybe I can add less additional glitter than in the test run. Get additional sparkle without the bumpy and grit. On the other hand, I kind of like the frankens without the additional glitter. Especially the blue one. *sigh* I don't know... Any input is welcome. :D

Well, That is it, for now. Thank you so much for popping in. Have a lovely evening and may your polish never bubble.

7 comments:

  1. I love this color! I think your mixes things look good! You have inspired me to go out and try some fingerpaints because whenever I go to sally's im drawn into china glaze lol. I'm following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Polish Lava. Thanks for following and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that polish! I used it with a french manicure. I put that on top of the pink to give it a bit of sparkle. A great bottle to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those frankens are gorgeous! I wish I could buy them in a store! Please post more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both as is! Especially the green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost picked up that pink the other day, thanks for the vid! I like the blue franken alot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to have to try a French with that polish. :D

    So, the frankens are okay, then? Great. I am going to go ahead and finish them as soon as I can.

    Thank you all for your kind words. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D