Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

Hello my little gumdrops. :D How is your weekend going? Having a good Saturday?

Mine is going pretty well. The weather is gorgeous. It is sunny, slightly breezy and 71 degrees. Not too shabby for almost mid October. :D

Today's mani is a stunner of a colour. OPI An Affair in Red Square. This is part of their Russia Collection. And it is one of the first OPI polishes I ever purchased. I was in the Valley, one day with my husband and popped into Ulta on Bell and Grand, shortly after it first opened. It was my first trip to an Ulta (living in the sticks has made me sadly backward and deprived... lol) and while there, I bought a little makeup then saw the OPI display. And was captivated. And a little taken aback at the price. Happily, they were running a buy two, get one free sale, so I picked up Tutti Fruitti Tonga and Princesses Rule! and wasn't sure what the third colour would be when my husband picked up this colour and held it to the light and stared at it as if he had never seen anything like it in his life. Then he suggested I get this one for my third colour. And I am glad that I did.

An Affair in Red Square is a true, medium toned blue red packed with red, magenta and gold microshimmer. There is a metallic, glow-y quality to this polish that is very hard to describe. It looks simple in indoor light, like your run of the mill red. Then you take it out in the sun and whammo! You are hit with it's true depth, shine, shimmer and pure deliciousness.

This colour is a stone bitch to photograph. I shot twenty five stills and two little movies and got five halfway decent stills. The videos didn't show this colour as I had hoped they would so I deleted them. (I know that the fault lies with me and my pathetic little camera...lol) *sigh* One of these days, I am going to get enough extra money together to upgrade to a better camera. I am ready for something with a higher megapixel, and better video capabilities. The camera I have is a decent one and I am grateful to have it. I have learned a lot from using it. But I am itching to move on. :)

Okay, here are the pics, such as they are.






















The top two pictures were taken indoors in natural light, the bottom three out in direct sunlight. Please do click to enlarge.

The formula on this polish is OPI-a-riffic. It tends to be a tad thin and if you have flaws and ridges (hello!) you will probably need three coats, since this stuff really sinks into any uneven spots in the nail surface. I noticed a huge difference between two and three coats. I topped this manicure with Seche.

Cleanup of this stuff is a tad intense. This polish is highly pigmented and will stain a tad. But I found that washing my hands took care of a lot of the slight staining I did get on my cuticles. Maybe one day I will learn how to paint my nails without making a big, sloppy mess of everything. I'm not holding my breath, tho. I don't care how fabulous I happen to look in blue. lol

Do you have this colour? Do you love it?

Thank you so much for taking a little time out of your day to pop in. Have a lovely evening and may your polish never bubble.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that color! Cute Halloween background(:

    http://www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :)

    I like this background, too. I put it up way too early, but it was so cute when I saw it that I couldn't resist. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D