Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

Hello there. Howz trix?

Today's manicure is China Glaze Ravishing, Dahling. I saw this polish in this post by Megan Chair and I knew the instant I saw it in her photographs that I had to have it. So the next time I found myself in Sally's this polish just jumped into my basket. Ravishing, Dahling (don't you just love that name?) is a deep wine red jelly. It can look a little brown in some light but it is definitely red. And it is not at all blackened or vampy. It is just... Stunning. Smashing. Splendid.

This polish is a tad thin, I needed three coats to get it this opaque. I could probably have done four but I just didn't have the time. I topped this with China Glaze Fast Forward. But not for shine. This stuff is mad shiny and squishy without it. But I am supposed to use top coat so I use top coat. :D

I do want to caution anyone who wants to get this polish... If you are a sloppy polisher like me who relies on a good clean up session to get a nice, neat finish, watch out for this stuff. It is highly pigmented and  clean up is a stone biatch. I am not saying don't get this polish. I am just saying paint carefully. lol

Would you like to see pictures?



Taken indoors in natural light through my window. No flash.







Outdoors in direct sun, no flash.

 If you enlarge these pictures, you will see the deep, under the surface bubbling. I have a shit load of it, in this manicure. The bubbles don't show except very up close, so I am not worried about them too much but... Dang! It is kind of looking into a glass of carbonated blood. Guess I overworked things a bit. The humidity that has snuck in might have something to do with it, too.

So, what do you think? Is a nice red jelly your thing? If it is, you need this polish. Trust me. :D

Thank you so much for coming by. Have a fantabulous evening and may your polish never bubble.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm, squishy goodness. I have so many reds already, but this is seriously tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll def get this next time I'm at Sally's. I need more jellies in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I'm loving it. I have it but haven't tried it yet. I'll be sure to be careful but me being careful is still pretty messy.
    Looks great on you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Megan's posts do that to me all the time! I keep adding stuff to my list because of her. This is GORGEOUS. I love a deep red jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, one more can't hurt...

    Caitlin, I think that you would love this one. It is that kind of polish.

    Thanks, Susie. Yes, I am that way, too. Even when I am careful, I make a mess. *sigh* lol

    Nicole, I am convinced that Megan is nothing but an evil, evil enabler. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous! I have an old Essie that is very similar to this color: It's called Berry Hard or something like that, I think it is darker though, this is still very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this on you. I don't do reds and even though I love a good jelly (who doesn't, lol) I won't do those either....but I'll sure admire them on you. Wicked good. Love the autumnal blog look too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D