Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

Hello Ladies.

Today I have one of the Ulta Glam Goth Collection polishes to show you. This is For Bitten. A black base packed with colour shifting fine glitter. In the bottle, the glitter shifts from magenta to almost purple to burgundy to bronze to green. It is a magical mystery tour when you look at the bottle. Sadly, that tour doesn't extend to the nail. Don't get me wrong, it is still plenty pretty and shimmery and all that good stuff. But I don't get that duo chrome dance on the nail.

I like this colour. It is dark and the glitter is sort of "down in", smoldering. Then when direct sun hits it, insanity rules as this stuff sparkles and shines like mad. :D

Like the other polish from this collection I have tried, this one flows easily and smoothly into place on the nails. The brush is wide and easy to use, even tho it is short. I had perfect coverage on all nails after two coats. Some nails were done in one, but I wanted them to all be even so all nails got two coats. Clean up was kinda okay. I have had easier clean up. I have had more difficult. I topped this manicure with Seche.







The top photo was taken indoors, the rest in the sun. I tried and tried to get the beautiful colours that shift all over the surface of the bottle, depending on the light and the angle at which it is viewed but I wasn't very successful. You can see green and bronze. But sadly I couldn't get my camera to capture the purple and magenta. I got a blur pic to help show the sparkle and I cropped a bottle close up. You can click to see more detail. 

So, what do you think? Do you own this polish? Have you had better luck capturing the beautiful colours that it can throw up to the eye? 

Thank you for popping in. Have a fabulous day and may your polish never bubble. :D

6 comments:

  1. I like it a lot!

    http://www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad the cool duochrome effect doesn't show up...I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating! Good thing it's still a pretty color on the nails though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still do a double take when I see my little guy (Fuzzy) on your blog when I come here. LOL

    I love this color and your killing me with these swatches because I can't get this at the Ulta nearest me. They never got it in. I wonder if I can special order it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuzzy is a handsome man and I love him. :D

    Maybe you could try calling different ULTA stores in your area and ask them if they have it and if they will send it to you, if you pay over the Phone?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D