Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

Hey there. :D

Happy Labour Day. I hope that you are having a great holiday.

I finally made a decision about my nails and I am now the proud owner of ten little nubbins. I just couldn't stand having nine long and one very short nail. It was driving me in. sane! And, since I had a couple of nails on my right hand that were patched and filing them down would get rid of the patches, the decision was clear for me.

After cutting my nails down and filing them into shape, I painted them with an unnamed Funky Fingers mini polish. This polish is a pretty, very pigmented purple jelly/creme with purple and teal microshimmer and a larger fuchsia fleck. The formula was very nice, opaque in two coats and amazingly easy to control and to clean up. The brush, however drove me slightly crazy. If this were a full sized polish, I would decant it into a cleaned out bottle with a much better brush. :D I topped this polish with Seche Vite.






All of the above photos were taken in full sun. I tried to get indoor pics without flash, but for some reason, it was impossible to get a clearly focused shot. And I took a lot. And deleted almost all of them. *sigh* If you click, you can get a good gander at the shimmer and glitter fleck in this polish. Like most purples, this polish photographed more blue but it is a true purple. 

Sorry about the smudgy bottle. I can't keep from making a mess of the bottle if I moisturise my hands after my manicure. How do you experts keep the bottle perfectly clean and show beautifully moisturised skin, too?

I am not super thrilled about being back to nubbins, but I am okay with it. Now that I know how to properly care for and grow my nails, I don't freak out when I have to shorten them, thinking that I will never get them to grow, again.

Thank you for dropping in, have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble. :D


5 comments:

  1. very pretty! Love this color. I don't think those are nubbins, goodness, have you seen mine, lol!? That's part of the reason why I don't take pictures with bottles very often, I hate seeing the smudge marks on my own bottles but I don't even really notice it on others'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your nails look AMAZING that length :) I love short nails. And that color is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I love it! Your nails are gorgeous. I'm a new follower now :)

    I've heard that Funky Fingers are a lot of rebottled Color Club colors.. I think this one looks like Electronica. So if you're looking for a bigger bottle, try that - because it looks awesome on you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D