Friday, August 20, 2010

Since Everybody Else is Doing It...

I thought that I would post a "franken" too. I put it in quotes because my rare frankening attempts aren't anything to really write home about. I have tried it four times and had two work out to be wearable. In my case, simpler is definitely better. lol

For this polish I mixed some Revlon Vixen and some very old Avon Quick Dry polish in Juicy Plum. I added a couple of drops of black then shook the high holy hell out of it and let it settle for a few days. I gave it a good roll, just before application. Sorry I don't have a recipe for this shade; I franken like I cook. I just grab shit and start throwing it all together and see what happens. Sometimes it works and sometimes the dog eats really well. (No, I don't feed failed frankens to my dog... lol)

This turned out a burgundy jelly that dries looking kind of like a creme. It was opaque in two coats, tho I did end up with a couple of thin spots. Probably should have done a third? Slightly squishy and mad, mad shiny. Seriously, this polish is as shiny on it's own as it was after I applied Seche. Easy to control; even I, the sloppy polisher didn't have a ton of cleanup. Just a little refining, really. Dry time was good. I don't know about wear, yet as I haven't worn it as a full manicure. I will post when I do, tho. 

I mixed this polish and photographed it in an old China Glaze bottle. After I took pics, I dumped out a bottle of much hated Sally Hansen base and top coat combo gloop that was terrifyingly bad (IMO) and dumped my franken in that bottle so that I could take advantage of the much nicer brush.

Anyhoozle, on to the peechurs!

 Taken indoors, in natural light through my window, no flash.

With flash, indoors.

Outdoors in direct sun. No flash. I have a little wrinkling at my cuticles... I think I did clean up a little too soon. Should have waited a few more minutes, methinks.

 Out in the sun.

 And, again. 

 So... What do you think. Yea? Nay? Give it up? lol 

I need to name my creation, don't I? Hmmm... I'll have to think of something before I wear it as a full mani. And yes, I do have to name it. Unnamed polishes are like unnamed children, puppies or kittens. Just wrong.
Okay, is anyone else having the devil's own time uploading and captioning pics? Or is it my browser? Because I have to tell ya... The last few days this feature isn't behaving well, at all. And I am about ready to open a can of whoop-ass on either Blogger or Firefox. Grrr!

Thank you for popping by. I hope that your day is/was fabulous, happy and productive. Take care and may your polish never bubble.  :D












10 comments:

  1. This is such a good franken! It does look like a jelly and I love jellies! I can't franken worth a damn but I do enjoy looking at other peoples'. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the color. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. :D Okay, it will stay. Now I have to name it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent franken. Sometimes I have an easy time naming my frankens and other times I have NO IDEA. The name that came to mind was: Scarlet Vixen. However, half the fun of making a franken is naming it yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a luscious and juicy franken. I'd name it LUSCIOUS. Makes me want to smack my lips, lol! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D