Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

And I do mean, of the moment. Today's offering is Amour in Central Park Green. This crap is no lovely day in the park, gentle readers.

I do believe it is impossible for me to overstate how much I loathe this polish. From the frosty, brushstroke madness to the cuticle drag to the mad bubbling to the fact that it settles right down into my ridges and just makes my nails look sooo good *sarcasm* to the almost tortuously long dry time.

The one thing I do like about this polish is the colour. Teal green. The brush and handle were nice, too. The handle is rubbery and nice to grip and the brush is OPI-ish wide and applies polish in the right spot. Oh! And it was easy to clean up. It cleaned away at the touch of my cleanup brush. I had opaque in two coats. So, a very few things that were pretty nice about this polish. Not enough to save it's life, tho. Not by a long shot.

I won't be keeping this polish around to wear. One of these days, when I have some time to waste, I'll grab some acetone and clean the bottle and brush and free it up to use for decanting a much loved polish from a nasty bottle and brush or base or top coat or cuticle oil or maybe even a franken. (Provided I ever succeed in making a wearable franken, again. I am not holding my breath... Even tho I do look rather well in blue, if I do say so myself. ;) lol)

Prepare yourself for the horror show.Don't worry, I am only going to make you look at two pictures. You might want to send the kiddos out of the room and hide your pets, tho.

This polish is teal green but it photographs blue. Must have some duo-chrome pigments in it.

Indoor light, no flash.

Indoor light, with flash. No sun pics, it is cloudy today. Look at all of those lovely bubbles and deep ridges. *more sarcasm*

Sadly, I have to leave this mess on for at least today. I just don't have time to redo my nails, today. I can tell you that I can't wait to get rid of this manicure. I almost want to claw it off, without waiting to remove it properly. lol

I had a nail mishap, today. Two... actually. One, I was covering my grill and picked up a rock to weight the plastic and it slipped and dropped, taking a tiny corner of my right thumb nail. Not great but not a big deal. It was easily filed smooth and touched up and didn't even show. Then later, I went to get my laundry basket out of my closet and when I tried to slide my door closed, it resisted and my thumb nail (the right, again!) dragged hard and peeled a long, "door" on my free white edge. Argh!!!! I soaked off my polish and discovered that it was just a layer so I was able to just glue it back down. Didn't even need a patch. I was going to repaint my thumbnail the colour I was wearing but I messed up a couple of other nails, trying to remove and repair, so I just cleaned off all of my nails and painted them the colour I posted, today.

So, there you have it. Mama is having a bad nail day. lol It happens, now and then. I want to thank you for stopping by, have a great day and may your polish never bubble. :D

5 comments:

  1. hmmm not sure about this colour, this is always the type of colour that I think wouldn't suit me but would suit others.
    one thing i want to ask, something you mentioned in the post. How do you stop the polish bubbling? i have trouble with some polishes bubbling. Why does that happen do you know?

    Love reading your blog, keep up the great work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I don't know exactly why polish bubbles. Sometimes, it is the formula. sometimes it is external factors, in my case, heat and humidity. Two enemies to a smooth, bubble free manicure. Shaking your polish will cause bubbling, as can having oil on your nails, being rough with getting your brush in and out of the bottle and so forth. In this case, I believe part of it is the polish, its self. It is just awful stuff. lol

    Thank you for your kind words about my blog. I am glad that you enjoy it and thank you so much for popping in and commenting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!

    Nice blog you got there :) I love it!
    I'm a new follower now!

    Maybe you can check my blog out as well and become a follower?

    http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

    greatings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of frost like polishes that are gorgeous colors but when I wear them I feel all...argh!

    I am also having chipping/ ripping/ breaking problems with my nails right now. I like square nails and well...let's just say some are no longer square.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain. :( I hate it when the polish bubbles and you don't have time/energy to remove it and start again.

    I was told you can get a pin and prick the bubbles, but I have to say it didn't work the one time I tried it.

    I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D