Sunday, August 22, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

Hello there. How'z things? :D

Today's mani is a simple one. Orly La Playa topped by China Glaze Fairy Dust.

I had applied two coats of La Playa and a coat of Seche and ended up with some bubbling. Stupid humidity! So I decided to cover them with a little silvery holo fun. Two coats of Fairy Dust and a last coat of Seche. I like it but my nails are really, really thick, now. lol

I had to file my nails down, today. I took off my polish and found a nasty little tear at the beginning of the free edge on my right ring finger. I applied a patch then decided to file my nail down to reduce stress on it while the tear and patch are growing out. Hopefully I can limp it along until it grows to my ends. I can't run around with one shorter nail, so I filed all of my nails down. I am a little sad. I was really enjoying my former length. But I knew it was only a matter of time before I got a break and had to let them go. My nails are just too delicate to hold up at longer lengths for very long.

Oh well. I will enjoy growing them out, again. :D

These pictures were taken in indoor light, with flash and outdoors in cloudy, diffused outdoor light. The sun is hiding, today. Bottom pic is blurred to show the holo, multicoloured goodness. Click to make them bigger. :D

Methinks this mani is going to be drying and curing for a long, long time. Oh, and I forgot about glitter removal and the patch on my nail. Things could get ugly when I go to soak this stuff off. *sigh*

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble. Or your top coat, for that matter... lol


5 comments:

  1. Sparkle city! I love holographic glitter top coats and I love Orly La Playa. That's a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I just found your blog, looks like it's going great! Congratulations :)

    Basak(from the hairy place)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice layering. I hate taking my nails down but I always like how nice and neat they look when I'm done and they do always grow back out again, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words.

    Hi Basak! I am glad to see you. :D

    Lacquer Ware, I do too. But they grow and the shorter length is easier to type with. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D