Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Manicure of the Moment

Hi everyone! I hope that you are all staying cool, in the height of the Dog Days. Today I have a new to me manicure. OPI I'm India Mood For Love, three coats and one light coat of Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure. All topped with Seche. What a pretty combination this turned out to be. I normally wear HT over black, dark green or blue. But I have been seeing it in gals' blogs over lighter colours. Brilliant pinks, corals, golds and yellow. So I decided to try it, myself.

Pink transforms a layering polish that can look very edgy and metallic over deep shades into something delicate, almost ethereal. Rather than copper, green and teal it is rose gold, gold, pink and purple/lavender. The metallic shimmer is less obvious but just as beautiful and eye catching. I can't stop looking at my nails.

I took over ninety pictures. And I have decided to spam the hell out of the post with the twelve best ones. Even with all of these shots, I never quite captured this combination as it looks in person. Please to forgive my dry skin and cuticles. I am a moron who has yet to learn how to moisturise before taking pictures without making a smeary mess of everything. For me it is clear pics and dry skin or moisturised cuticles and goop all over the place. lol


One of my best shots, indoors without flash. All shots were taken without flash, in fact. :)


OPI I'm India Mood For Love, one coat Out the Door.


Under fluorescent light.


Outdoors in part sun. Stupid clouds building up and covering the sun, just when I want to take polish pictures.


Indoors without flash.


Outdoors in direct sun.


Outdoors in shade.








The claw, in indoor light.


Closeup on thumbnail shows the flakies nicely.

So, what do you think? Good mani? Bad mani? Too frakking many pictures? lol

I see that I have 95 followers, now! I will be shopping for my first giveaway, this weekend. I can't wait. This is going to be fun. :D

Okay, then. I think that I would like to cruise around and check out what all you nail nuts have been up to. :D Thank you for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

12 comments:

  1. Oh I love this one - totally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! Now I want to go and buy it.

    http://www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that layering. I wouldn't have thought of HT over a pink but it looks very complimentary together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Savannah, you might really like it. :D

    Lacquerware, I wouldn't have, either. I get the best ideas from these blogs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this combo!!! I need to pull out Hidden treasure more often!!! P.S: it looks awesome over light blues too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous color on it's own, but seriously WOW with HT over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good mani!

    I tagged you with the Sparkling Blog award:

    http://thekarend.blogspot.com/2010/08/sparkling-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. an awesome mani! love love pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, the pink polish by itself looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for your kind words about my nails. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need that HT in my life! Gawjus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D