Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Very First Blog Award!

I was tagged by Jen at The Polish-Aholic to receive The Cherry on Top Blog Award. I am so touched. Thank you, Jen!

Here it is:



Eeep! <3

The instructions:

1. Thank the person who gave the award to you.
2. Copy the award and put it in your blog.
3. List three things which you love about yourself.

Hmmm... Number three... This isn't easy for me...

~~ I am extremely dependable and loyal.
~~ My hair grows fast.
~~ My wicked sense of humour.

4. Post a picture you love.

Most of my favourite photos are on my other computer and I haven't managed to get them to this one. But I went back into my other blog and found a photo I posted back in February. I love this photo for a few reasons. For one, getting this shot was pure serendipity. I just happened to be in my kitchen, loading my dishwasher and looked up and out the window to see two huge ravens in a tree on my neighbour's property. (A tree that sadly, just today had to be cut down. I assume it was diseased, since it didn't look very well, this Summer.) 

They were perched on a high branch and a little way below them was a large cat hungrily and steadily making her way up towards them. For some reason she got herself stick on a lower branch and couldn't figure out how to get herself any higher and thus any closer to her intended meal. (Yeah... Like that was going to happen... lol)

I managed to get my camera out and go to my back door while everyone was still in the tree, but as soon as I opened my back door to step out on my patio, one of the ravens took off. But the other one stuck around long enough for me to fire off a shot.



You can click to make it bigger. :D

5. Tag five people you wish to pass this award on to.

1~~ Brooke at Babbling Brooke
2~~ Dee at Deez Nailz
3~~ Megan Chair at Little Music Boxes
4~~ Diana at Painted Lady Fingers
5~~ Colette at My Simple Little Pleasures

Thank you again, Jen for this award. <3

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind award, Ice Queen!!! I really appreciate it :D

    I love that picture!! Hope that big cat was able to get out of the tree alright. I remember growing up one of our cats got stuck in a tree and my dad got out this huge ladder and got him down. I don't think my little house cats could even climb a tree! lol. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D