Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Mani of the Moment: OPI Princesses Rule!


A good Caturday morning, ladies. I hope that you are all having a funtabulous weekend and staying cool. :D

Today's Mani of the Moment is OPI Princesses Rule!. A lovely sheer blue based pink with a gorgeous glass fleck. I use this polish a lot (as you can probably tell, by the level in the bottle) both on it's own and as a topper for other colours. Today I am wearing it on it's own. Two coats topped with Seche. I don't mind how sheer it is. The VNL doesn't bother me, with this shade and it is just opaque enough to camouflage the staining on my nails.









These shots were taken indoors in natural light through my window and outdoors in direct sun. I really wish that my camera could do this lovely, lovely, special polish justice. For anyone who doesn't have this, take my word for it, it is a hundred times prettier, more sparkly (without being obnoxious or over the top... Not that there is anything wrong with that ;)) shimmery and glimmery than I can capture.

I seriously need to get my hot little hands on another bottle or three before OPI gets a wild hair up their asses and discontinues this colour. If I couldn't get it, anymore, I would be heartbroken.

This mani came about because last night, I tried to do a mani with OPI An Affair in Red Square. Unfortunately I was sitting under an air vent and a fan was blowing and well... Things didn't go well. My normally impeccably well behaved OPI polish turned into a total termagant. It bubbled, streaked, dragged and drove me insane! Finally, after three thick coats and a whole lot of language that turned the air around me cobalt blue, I had ten decent looking nails. I got down to applying a nice coat of Seche to encourage drying and to further smooth my polish when it happened...

I moved my hand only to discover that somehow, I had got my right thumb nail stuck to my shirt and that nail was wrecked. Beyond any hope of repair. (I tried...) AAARRRRGH!!!!!!

I said "Fuck it!!", cleaned off all of my polish, applied a nice thick coat of China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base coat to protect my nails (I can't go even a few minutes with bare nails, much less overnight) and went to bed in a huff.

Some days, it just doesn't pay to try to do your nails.

And don't try to do your nails sitting under an air vent with a fan blowing. You will be nice and cool but your nails will look like the wreck of the Hesperus.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, SM. :D

    Hey, Draz! You made it, girl. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a MUST have for every polish addict soooo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D